TENETS OF FAITH
The following Tenets of Faith are the fundamental doctrinal beliefs of the Church, which is based on the Holy Scriptures, and shall be an essential basis of the fellowship and union of members thereof:
- The Unity of the Godhead and the Trinity of the Persons therein.
- The utter depravity of human nature, the necessity for repentance and regeneration, and the eternal doom of the finally impenitent.
- The Virgin Birth, Sinless Life, Atoning Death, Triumphant Resurrection, Ascension and abiding Intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ. His Second Coming and Millennial Reign upon earth.
- Justification and Sanctification of the Believer through the finished work of Christ.
- The Baptism of the Holy Ghost for believers, with signs following.
- The Nine Gifts of the Holy Ghost for the edification, exhortation and comfort of the church, which is the Body of Christ.
- The Sacraments of Baptism by Immersion and of the Lord’s Supper.
- The Divine Inspiration and Authority of the Holy Scriptures.
- Church Government by Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, Elders, Deacons and Deaconesses.
- The possibility of falling from grace.
- The obligatory nature of Tithes and Offerings.
RULES OF BELIEF AND RULES OF CONDUCT
The Church and its members subscribe to the following Rules of Belief and Rules of Conduct:
RULES OF BELIEF
- A personal testimony of your salvation in Christ (Acts 4:12; Rom.10:9).
- Your acknowledgment of and obedience to the order and officers of the Church; i.e., Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, Elders, Deacons and Deaconesses (Heb.13:7; Eph.4:11; 1 Cor.12:28).
- Your presence in the meetings of the Church and abiding in full communion, that is, not to absent yourself more than three consecutive times from Communion without sufficient reasons given for your absence (Heb.10:25).
- Your conformity with the Fundamental Doctrines of the Church as well as with the two Ordinances, namely Baptism by Immersion and the Lord’s Supper (1 John 1:9; Rom.6:17; 6:4; Luke 22:19; 1 Cor.11:24).
- That you contribute towards the support of the cause, as taught to us in the Word of God (Gen.14:20; 28:22; Lev.27:30; 1 Chron.29:14; 1 Cor.16:2; Matt.23:23; Heb. 7:6-17).
- That you keep the counsel of the Church within the Church (Matt.7:6).
- That you pray for and help every member, remembering that we are joint members in the Body of Christ (Heb.10:24; 1 Cor. 12:25-26; 1 Tim. 2:1; Gal. 6:2).
- That you endeavour to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (Eph. 4:3).
RULES OF CONDUCT
- Never come to the House of God without praying before coming (Matt.6:6; Eph. 6:18).
- Be in your seat at the commencement of the service. You will thus be a good example to those that are late and neglectful (Gen. 22:3; Ps. 108:2; Prov. 8:17; Songs of Sol. 7:12).
- Bring your children with you to the House of God. Relatives and House Helps also have souls. It is your duty and privilege to take care of them (Matt. 11:4; Exodus 20:10; Acts 10:24; John 1: 41-45; Gen. 18:19).
- Make the Pastor your personal friend. His sympathy, support and counsel are needed by you. Constantly pray for him (1 Thess.2:7; Joel 2:17; Mal.2:7; Rom. 15:30; 2 Corin.1:11; Eph. 6:19; Heb. 13:17).
- Make the Church your spiritual home (Acts 2: 46;47).
- When conversing in your house and/or in all your conversations, never speak disrespectfully or criticizingly of God’s Servants or their ministrations in the presence of your children. If you sow to the wind, you may reap the whirlwind. (Gal. 6:7; Prov. 22:8; Hos. 8:7).
- Take your Bible with you to the House of God (Ps. 1:2; 119:16, 72; Rom. 15:4; 1 Tim. 3:16,17).
- Enter reverently; pray fervently; listen attentively; give praise from a grateful heart, and worship the Lord in the Beauty of Holiness (Ps:1 08:27 – 29; Eccl. 5:1; Rom. 12:11; James 1:19).